Spring Honey Fest
A Day of Fun & Entertainment
Here's what is included with your admission to Sweet Bee's Honey Festival:
- Access to all of Museum Village's Great Exhibits
- Demonstrations of Life in the 19th-Century by Costumed Guides
- Meet President Abe Lincoln and other Civil War Reenactors
- Enjoy Tastings & Sales of Local, Regional and International Honeys
- Savor Tastings & Sales of Craft Beverages including Wines, Meads, Spirits, Ciders & Sodas
- Indulge in Tastings & Sales of Artisan Foods
- Shop for Handmade Jewelry & Crafts
- Free rides on a Horse-Drawn Conestoga Covered Wagon (see details & conditions below, plus watch our video below of the actual wagon and horses)
- Watch Plein Air Painting by Artists from the Wallkill River School of Art
- Meet Museum Village's Farm Animals including Goats, Chickens, Ducks, Pheasants & More
- See Museum Village's Own Bee Hive, Home of the Queen!
- Meet our own "Prince Harry" -- Harry is One of the Three Most Complete Mastodon Skeletons in the World!
- Enjoy Live Country Music Under the Tent by the Bandit Boys
- Participate in Square Dancing Led by Our Professional Caller and the Rockland Rockytops
- Free Face Painting for Children
- Participate in Old-Fashioned Games (Potato Sack Races, Hula Hoops, Bean Bag Toss, etc.)
- Enjoy Children's Activities by the Hudson Highlands Nature Museum
- Partake in a Bee-Friendly Planting Activity (to take home) for Children by 4-H
- Meet Farm Animals from TevaLand Farm Animal Rescue
- Children's Cupcake Decorating Contest Led by Tony Albanese of Cake Boss Season I (judged by audience) Win family 4 pack for The Chocolate Expo in October, plus other prizes!
SCHEDULE -- Under the tent
11:00 -- Bandit Boys Band
12:00 -- Square Dancing -- recorded music
1:00 -- Bandit Boys Band
2:00 -- Square Dancing -- with live band
3:00 -- Bandit Boys Band
4:00 -- Cupcake Decorating Contest
Most other activities and exhibits, with a few exceptions such as Tony Albanese's cookie decorating activity, will be available throughout the day, with occasional breaks, as needed.
IMPORTANT: ALL SCHEDULED FEATURES, ACTIVITIES AND CELEBRITY APPEARANCES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR DELETION WITHOUT NOTICE.
Admission to Sweet Bee's Honey Festival & Artisan Market includes full admission to all of Museum Village exhibits. Among Museum Village’s unique displays are a one-room school house, a log cabin, blacksmith shop, print shop, broom shop, candle shop, energy building and Harry the Mastodon.
Conestoga covered wagon rides are being offered on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to our capacity limits (about 12-15 per ride) and weather conditions. Limit one ride per guest. Please note that even under ideal conditions, the horses will need to take breaks on a regular basis. Some guests may experience longer wait times and, while most people will be able to see the horses and wagon up-close, we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to accommodate everyone with rides. Furthermore, in the event of severe weather conditions (extreme heat, wind and/or rain) or other unexpected circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel this feature, even if the festival itself is able to operate.